Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frozen Pipes and Frozen Cars

We have spent so much time in the deep freeze that everything is freezing.  Three out of the four trucks at the office were frozen and had probems this week.  Block heaters broke, radiator hoses cracked and engines just quit.  Then yesterday the heating pipes in the building froze.  Made for a very cold morning in the office.  I have learned I need to leave some warmer clothes in my office for events such as that.  People were wearing their coats and hats and big boots to stay warm.  Some went home to get small heaters to try and keep their space warm.  Others dug out the union suits.  Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were drunk by the gallons yesterday and it took me quite awhile at home to get rid of the chill.

So today the temperature is near zero but we have 50 - 70 mph winds.  That isn't much of a help as that makes it feel colder than yesterday and I didn't think I could feel colder than that.  From what I hear it is only suppose to get worse instead of better.  As long as the storm blows itself out by Thursday morning so I can get out of town, I will be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment