Sunday, July 17, 2011

Where is Sherri's Moose

One of my jobs, here at Katmai, is to study the moose population. I have been studying the past data and getting it organized. I am learning about the way the aerial studies are done. They begin in November. Then I will be going out with our pilot flying around the park looking for moose. Here in Alaska, I thought moose were everywhere. But in the 3 months that I have been here, I have yet to see one. Not that I haven't been looking. The first week in November I have to present our data in a symposium in Anchorage, before the surveys begin. My goal is to actually see a moose before that. Everyone knows about this goal so now I hear about everyone else's moose sightings,dropping findings or footprints that have been found. The worse part is that Craig was at Brooks Camp on Wednesday and on his flight home he saw a moose. Of course, it was the first thing he said to me when I got back. Where is my moose?

No comments:

Post a Comment