Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Darkness iIs Coming

One of things that has been different to get use to here is the long, long, long days of sunshine. Even when the sun finally goes down around 1am there is still twilight and it has never really got dark. By the time the twilight should end the sun is back up again. But now things are changing. I woke up last night at 1 am and it was daark outside. Not just twilight it was dark like a regular night. I was so shocked I just stared out the window. I could not make out the different trees and or things in the back yard. I went back to bed thinking about how long it had been since I had seen a night so dark and it had been back when we left North Dakota.

Now that the sky is starting to darken it means the day length is getting shorter. By December we will only see the sun for four hours a day. I have been wondering if there is twilight then. Another sign that winter is on its way. When I awoke in the morning I told Craig about the black sky. His first thought was how many stars were out. Dummy me I never looked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment