Friday, July 1, 2011

Fashion Styles of Brooks Camp

The camp is in full swing and visitors are coming from all over the world. I have met people from China, Japan, Australia, Finland, Argentina and of course from all over the United States. Each person brings their own style into the wilderness. The people who come to Brooks Camp to fish all get off the plane in waders with their pockets full of who knows what. The rest of the visitors that come in to see the bears carry a wide variety of cameras. Small ones, extremely large ones, lens of all shape and sizes. People from magazines, national geographic, travel shows all show up hoping to get the one great shot of the bears.

But if you really want to be in style it is the type of bug net you where over your head. There are the unimaginative that have the plain green mesh but most people I have seen have really jazzed up the bug nets. Baseball camps of all different colors with the netting attached. I have seen all colors of netting. I have seen leopard spotted berets with fashionable green neeting. I have seen safari hats and stocking caps with head nets attached. But this past trip out there a lady from Texas who took the prize, she had a different hat and net for each day and each activity. She arrived in a pink with black spotted hat with a pink bug mesh. Later that day I saw her in waders with a purple baseball cap and a lavender mesh bug net. The next day for her trip to the valley she had on a bright red cowboy hat and you guessed it came with a light red mesh. She also had a green beret, and on her last day there she left wearing a purple cowboy hat minus the bug net. People watching can all most be as facinating the bears. By the way I have a combination shirt and head net. The head net is a hood which zippers in front across the chest. it is very functional as I can tie the sleeves together and remove my arms from my sleeves and bring my meals in under my shirt and eat without letting my face be covered with bugs while I eat. Not stylish but very functional for the bush. I purchased it from a web company called bug baffler. Check it out. Not sure where you get the Red cowboy hat and red mesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment