Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm Back

Hello dedicated followers.  I am sorry that you have not seen a post for a few days.  I had a family emergency and was back in the lower 48.  I am back in Alaska.  While down in MN it was unusually warm for December.  Recorded highs were being broken and every one was talking about global warming.  Those that like the warmer weather were enjoying it being warm and the grass turning green.  Those, like me who like the cold and the snow thought everything was depressing.  But I am back in beautiful Alaska where things are covered in snow and frost and the temperature is -21.  It is good to be home.

I have been greeted at work with some animal sightings which I love.  Out at Lake Camp four river otters were seen playing on the ice.  And of course the Law Enforcement people who are flying around the park to prevent poaching of moose had to tell me about the moose they are seeing.  They are so sweet.  I am told that there is a mother and two calves hanging out on Pike Ridge which is a hiking trail about six miles from here.  If the weather was above zero I might be inclined to go for a long hike to see if I could find the little family but a long hike in below zero weather seems a bit much.  I am not sure I want to see a moose that bad. 

So it is back to working on grant proposals and paperwork.  The office is very quiet with a lot of people taking the week off to be with families.  The quiet is good.  It lets me concentrate harder to write better and hopefully get more money to do ore fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment