Monday, April 23, 2012

Coming To You From Phoenix

After a 12 1/2 hour day of flights and airports I arrived in Phoenix.  My first step out the door of the plane I was ready to go back to King Salmon.  I am not much for heat and it was 102 when we got off the plane.  I sure hope the canyon is cooler.

Flying over Alaska yesterday I got to see how much snow was still in the high country.  Not many of the lakes or rivers in the upper elevations have thawed yet.  I was hoping to see the volcanoes from the air but where they were suppose to be we were flying in clouds.  so not much to report.  The bay in Anchorage is wide open with a lot fewer icebergs than I saw in it two weeks ago.  It won't be long before the cruise ships arrive.  I hear Kodiak has all ready seen the first one.  So it means the Summer season is all most upon us.  Now I am off to the canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment