Friday, April 20, 2012

Just Missed Them

Yesterday was totally frustrating.  I have a lots of work that needs to be done before the end of today as I will be leaving for the grand canyon on Sunday. So I was buried in my office.  I went to go make copies of some papers and I ran into the other biologist just walking in the door.  I was trying to call you he said but I could not remember you extension.  I just saw a female moose with a calf just down the street but they have gone off into the woods.  I thought you would have liked to see them.  Well Duh? But I just missed them. 

An hour later the coastal biologist who takes time off to walk everyday called me to tell me she was on the Eskimo creek bridge and three otters were playing.  So I quickly headed out the door and by the time I walked the half a block the otters were gone.  I had just missed them.

Just before I left for the day I was asked if I wanted to join a group heading out to Brooks Camp today.  Of course I want to go to Brooks Camp.  I was so excited.  Then my boss said you can't go to Brooks you have two meetings tomorrow neither of which you can miss.  Just missed an awesome day.  So instead of going to Brooks I am going to yawn my way through the meetings.  What good is it living in Alaska if you have to spend all your time in the office.  I did ask the members going to ID the bear that was sited two days ago.  Maybe it is 284.  That at least would make me happy.

Don't forget to guess the day I see my first bear of the season and win a copy of the brand new Katmai book.

No comments:

Post a Comment