Wednesday, February 8, 2012

World of Water

We have been in the forties for the last few days.  Temperature wise I suppose that is good as it is much better than the below zero stuff we had been living in.  But it is melting all our snow and leaving pools of water everywhere.  In the yard, in the streets, on top of ice, pools of water are everywhere.  I was told this was the worst time of year and I believe it.

I can't go snowshoeing as there is little snow.  I really can't hike far unless I want to swim the puddles on the trail.  The roads are covered in ice and topped with water.  It is frustrating as it is finally nice to be outside and there isn't a lot outside to do. 

We do have wind.  Lots of it.  What I should do is send for ice skates and create a sail then I could fly across the ice on the wind.  I would think that would be fun.  Well, at least until I hit a rock.  Oh well, should I pray for more snow or hope spring is on the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment