Thursday, February 9, 2012

Five Favorite Sounds

I have five sounds that I just love to hear.  One is the sound of my husbands voice.  The second is the sound of my kids laughing.  Nothing can beat those two sounds but then there are the sounds of nature that I love and give me peace and make me smile.

The first is the wind through the trees.  I love to listen to the sound of the wind as it rustles the branches and sways the tops of trees.  Yesterday on the way to work the wind was blowing 30 miles and hour and the sound of it through the trees was amazing.  You just had to smile and laugh as it listened.

Next sound I love is the sound of ice crinkling in moving water.  As I passed Eskimo creek I hear the running water under the ice.  Not quite the sound I love but close.  To be it is the sound of spring.  which I know may not be true yet but I still like to hear it.

Lastly there is nothing like the sound of a wolf howling to its family.  Again yesterday morning I heard that howl.  Just one long howl.  No one anwered back or maybe the wind carried the voices away from me but I did here the one.  It made me want to howl an answer in return.  I have to say I had a very good morning walking to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment