Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tracks and Trails

My weekend of was pretty unadventurous but yesterday I thought I would walk to walk using the snow covered trail.  This was an adventure as when I walk to work it is pitch black outside and the beam of my flashlight is not that big so I had to go slow and watch were walked.

Slowing down was not bad as boy did I see tracks.  It had snowed a few hours before I left for work so I saw the forest come to life in the tracks I saw.  Starting off the neighborhood fox was right at our front door.  I followed his footsteps to the woods.  From there I followed the tracks down the trail.  Then the hare tracks appeared.  Casual steps at first then they went everywhere.  In circles, over the trails and under brush and back again. Next to the hare tracks were lynx tracks.  I guess the lynx wanted his breakfast and the hare did not want to cooperate.  I am not sure if there was a winner but I did not see any blood on the ground.

On my walk I saw vole tracks and I saw raven claw marks in the fresh snow.  It was a wonderful walk to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment