Saturday, September 29, 2012

Where are the bears?

Returning to May

It is my second day at Brooks Camp and I have yet to see a bear.  Even the maintenance men haven't seen a bear.  We still have deep snow in the upper elevations.  My partner is actually flying den surveys while I am at Brooks.  So far they have not found too many dens open yet this spring.  The bears are staying in the dens much longer than last year.  I am beginning to wonder if I will see a bear any time soon.

Most of my day was spent training the summer staff.  We have such a great group.  I am glad however that I will not have to go through dunker and MOCC training again this year.  While they go through that training the rest of the week I will be working on cameras and some spotting some bird identification sites to perform surveys in a couple of weeks.

Today in King Salmon

I woke up to a frosty chill in the air.  As the sky lightened up the fog came in.  the temperature was below freezing so the frost froze on everything it touched.  I guess I can say winter is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment